Careers with Norse
Norse is looking for elite people that want to help change the way organizations secure their business. We're a fast growing, fast-paced, results-oriented start up that provides the opportunity for you to make a difference. Our cyber intelligence platform is the most accurate and up to date on the market, and we're building innovative solutions to take advantage of it. Think Norse is right for you? Email a PDF of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Engineer (PHP/mySQL)
Location: San Mateo, CA
We are seeking a qualified, motivated, and experienced software engineer with technical expertise, and extensive development experience. We are an extremely fast-paced, security-driven company.
An experienced opportunity for a Senior Engineer (PHP/MySQL) familiar with Unix. The Senior Engineer will produce quality code that scales and generalizes well.
- PHP (5+ yrs) with focus on low-level performance, RESTful APIs, security.
- MySQL (5+ yrs) with focus on tuning/performance/scalability (100M+ rows, 100K+ queries/sec).
- FreeBSD with focus on kernel-level programming.
- High-Performance Programming Experience.
- Secure Programming Experience.
- Experience building scalable web services infrastructure for commercial applications.
- Fast-paced, yet attentive to details.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Entrepreneurial, thrives in a fast-paced, changing environment: looking to play a large role.
- 2+ yrs as team/technical lead/architect with responsibility for project management duties for team of 3-5 developers.
- Create project plan composed of milestones, task breakdowns, owners, due dates.
- Good task and project time estimation skills.
- Identify, track, and manage critical path items.
- Detail-oriented in project planning and task follow-up.
- Start-Up Experience.
- Excellent communication skills.